In-House Mobile Opticians, provide mobile optical services to numerous care homes.
Most of our care homes were previously using a national domiciliary optical company but decided to switch to us as we provide a very personal service where the staff and managers get to know us and we get to know them.
If you are a care home owner or manager then this is what you could benefit from;
- The same opticians visiting which improves continuity of care for your residents.
- You will speak to the same person in our office which eliminates the confusion factor which can arise when dealing with larger companies.
- You will see the same person when the glasses are being delivered.
- A prompt and very personal service emphasising on providing thorough eye examinations and excellent customer service.
- We use the latest Ipad testing charts and latest portable glaucoma checking equipment.
- Extensive experience in dealing with elderly patients and those with dementia.
- You have a direct line to the owners who are the opticians so we can answer all queries clinical or otherwise without any delay.
- We can tailor make our service to suit you e.g. we can visit on certain days or times to suit you to avoid meal times etc.
- We can examine individual patients if required or groups. Whatever suits your needs. Unlike some companies we do not have to wait until several patients are due to be seen.
- We do not have any daily targets or minimum number of patients to see so we can work at our own pace to ensure that each resident receives the best possible eye care.
- We routinely dilate the pupils of all our diabetic patients and send reports to their GP's.
- We provide an excellent range of FREE GLASSES to those residents who are eligible and have an extensive range of frames at very competitive prices for those residents who have to pay. Nothing is ordered without the consent of the family for the latter.
- All glasses are professionally engraved with the patient's name, date and intended use. We even label the cases with the patients name and a description of the glasses so your staff know what to look for in case the glasses go missing. Nothing is too much trouble for us.
- We provide bespoke vision guides which clearly and simply detail the level of vision of your residents.
- All glasses are hand delivered within 1-2 weeks.
- We offer a very prompt, often same or next day repair and adjustment
- We can carry out staff training to make them aware of the common eye conditions that can affect the elderly. THIS IS CARRIED OUT BY A FULLY QUALIFIED OPTICIAN rather than a non professional member of staff.
- We provide a folder in which you can keep all of the residents prescriptions helping you meet CQC requirements.
- We can arrange for a domiciliary hearing care provider to visit if required.
- Switching optical providers is easy and we can take care of all the necessary paperwork with the minimum of fuss.