We specialise in providing FREE HOME NHS EYE EXAMINATIONS to those patients who cannot visit a High Street optician without assistance and we can also supply free spectacles to those on certain benefits .
If you qualify for any of the below and are unable to get to the High Street Optician unaccompanied, then you are entitled to a FREE NHS HOME EYE TEST.
A FREE NHS HOME EYE TEST is available if you are:
- Aged 60 or over
- Under 16 or over 19 and in full time education
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed as having Diabetes or Glaucoma, 40 or over with a direct relative with Glaucoma, or you have been advised by an Ophthalmologist that you are at risk of Glaucoma
- Prescribed a complex lens
As well as a FREE NHS SIGHT TEST, free spectacles can be provided if you (or your partner) are receiving the following benefits or credits:
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Income support or income based job seekers allowance (not contribution based)
- Tax credit and are named on a tax credit NHS exemption certificate
- You are named on an NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)